Connect with the Federal Aviation Administration
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) plays a leading role in how aircraft operate at every airport in the nation. Among many responsibilities, the FAA dictates the flight path procedures that regulate how and where aircraft fly.
The FAA’s Aviation Noise Ombudsman serves as a liaison with the public on issues regarding aircraft noise. If you have a specific question, comment, concern, or complaint that cannot be answered or addressed by the airport, please contact the ombudsman and provide the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- A thorough description of your noise issue
- The times and dates you are experiencing the noise disturbance
- The type of aircraft that are generating the noise (i.e., commercial jets, helicopters, general aviation, etc.)
- Whether or not this noise issue is recurring
- Documentation of every official you have contacted regarding the issue
The best way to contact the FAA Aviation Noise Ombudsman is by email so your message can be quickly distributed to the appropriate experts to address your concern.
If you would prefer to call and leave a voice mail or send a letter, you may use the contact information listed below.
Federal Aviation Administration,
Aviation Noise Ombudsman, AEE-2
800 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20591